Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Gavin,

Lately, things have changed with you.  I've been associating it with the dropping of your nap, but over the last month or so, we've seen a big change in your behavior.  You're talking back, whining nonstop, telling us no, yelling at your sister... Now, it's not like this all day long, but it is something we're dealing with on a pretty regular basis.  This week, Mommy hasn't had a good week.  It is hard for me to even admit, but I know I had lost my patience with you.  There were a lot of tears over the last two days from both of us, and I feel terrible for that.  After a lot of thinking, and some talking with your teacher, I think I'm realizing that you're just getting older.  You're testing your boundaries with me, becoming more independent, and overall, just growing up.  I think we're going to have a lot of days in the future filled with attitude and arguments, because that's just part of the dynamic between a mother and a child.  But I realize that the way I've been handling things this week isn't the right way, and I'm writing to you to tell you that I promise to be better.  When I think about you starting kindergarten in just 6 short months and NOT being here with me all day, my eyes fill with tears because I can't believe the last 4.5 years have gone by so fast.  I don't want to look back someday with regret...  Daddy and I are so lucky that you are ours, and I will never let you forget that!  Here's to better days, my sweet bug.  I love you!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment